Marketing Your Rental Property 1st Mar 2016
Even although tenant demand is high, it is important that The Key Place do everything we can to give your property the best possible exposure. We have a carefully chosen marketing package designed to do just this. We also put time into raising the profile of The Key Place, so both landlords and tenants know where to come for a quality service. We do all of this through the following means:
• The Key Place letting boards – these are erected in the most visible location allowed at all of our available properties. People moving within the local area, or passing through looking for a new home can easily see what we have for rent.
• Websites – we advertise on most of the major property letting portals. These include, but are not limited to, Lettingweb, Citylets, Zoopla, Prime Location.
• Gumtree – we use this for properties that are harder to let.
• The Key Place website – all properties are advertised on our website and we rotate feature properties.
• Shop windows – our offices are located in prime areas in the towns in which we operate. All of our properties are advertised in our window displays.
• List of waiting tenants – we keep lists of waiting tenants. In some areas we are the only letting agent and so are the first port of call for tenants looking for a home. We may therefore be able to match a tenant to a property.
• Press advertising – we run advertisements and write editorial for the local press and other local media. This increases people’s awareness of The Key Place.
• Newsletters – we send out monthly e-newsletters and monthly property newsletters, both of which give information about the rental industry in general, and about the property market specifically in your area.
• Blogs – the Scottish Property Blog series gives further information about the property market in your local area, and identifies specific buy to let opportunities. More in the series to follow soon – for now see: http://penicuikpropertyblog.blogspot.co.uk/ and http://thefalkirkpropertyblog.blogspot.co.uk/
• Social Media – we post regularly on Linkedin, Facebook and Twitter.
• Local Statistics – we compile local rental statistics for the areas in which we operate. These unique statistics provide invaluable information on the local rental market, and will help inform your buying, renting and selling decisions.
• Industry Lead Bodies – we are members of the letting industry lead bodies in Scotland and are proud to be involved in shaping the future of the lettings industry in Scotland.
• Networking / Word of Mouth – The Key Place has grown over the years largely due to word of mouth recommendations.
These multiple channels of communication allow us to tell many people about The Key Place and ultimately about your rental property.